NJSWCC

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome To The New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasbro's SOLO - A STAR WARS STORY toy line - Discussion  (Read 433 times)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: Hasbro's SOLO - A STAR WARS STORY toy line - Discussion
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 02:36:28 PM »

I just got the 6" TBS Imperial Patrol Trooper delivered from Amazon last night.  It's a pretty awesome figure.  I'm kind of hoping that we might get the Corellian speeder bike to go with him at some point.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Gregorbian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • Gregorbian's Customs
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 08:11:05 AM »

I was able to pick up the recent Black Series wave of Solo figures.  Wow! 

I love the Imperial Patrol Trooper - the design is great and the figure itself is fantastic.  Working holsters, fantastic articulation that blends well with the sculpt, and crisp and clean paint apps.  What more could you ask for?  Also, they included butterfly shoulder joints, which I think is a great addition to the line.  Due to the armor, they don't work as well as they would if they were on a figure with a normal cloth type shirt, but I'll take it.  It's sort of weird that they are giving butterfly shoulder joints to two of the figures whose costumes virtually nullify the benefit of the added articulation (Rebel Fleet Trooper and Imperial Patrol Trooper), but I'll rarely say "no" to added articulation.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 05:26:26 AM »

The 3.75" figures look reasonably good.  They're all 5 POA, which is disappointing.  But the likenesses are pretty good. 

The Falcon?  I kind of like the fact that it looks different.  It ties in with some of the dialogue from the OT, like when Han said "I've made some special modifications myself", or when Lando said in TESB "What have you done to my ship?".  I also suspect that at some point in the movie, some of those special modifications are going to start happening.  As for the toy itself?  The $99 price point is a lot easier to accept.  I think Hasbro has recognized some of the psychological/financial barriers that have kept people from buying $100+ and $200+ vehicles.

The 6" TBS figures look pretty good.  But I definitely get the reactions to the Imperial Range Trooper.  It definitely looks like a bit of a departure from previous troopers.  But I also see hints of equipment and gear from the prequels, ROGUE ONE and the OT.  I'm also curious to see these guys in action, because I think those boots might integrate with some kind of vehicle.

Gregorbian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • Gregorbian's Customs
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 12:11:22 PM »

I'm digging the new Han Solo and Lando 6" figures. 

I don't like the new Stormtrooper design - it doesn't seem to fit in with prior incarnations of the Stormtrooper (I thought Rogue One did a great job with their new Stormtrooper designs). 

I don't really like the jacket on Qi'Ra, but otherwise her design is fine. 

I stopped collecting 3 3/4" figures so I don't really care about these new ones.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Hasbro's SOLO - A STAR WARS STORY toy line - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 11:42:28 AM »

There have been a significant number of reveals today for both the 3.75" figure system and the 6" figure lines for SOLO - A STAR WARS STORY.  What do you think so far?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 23 queries.

anything